BlueSnap DB9-M6A Wireless RS232 Adapter iOS, Android, Win10, MacOS
The BlueSnap DB9-M6A wireless radio dongle provides seamless connectivity for virtually any RS-232 serial device to an Android, iOS, or Windows 10 host.
Looking for the BlueSnap Smart Dex Kit? Click here
Proven success. Over 10,000 in daily use.
Unsurpassed Software Apps
Connect the BlueSnap to the host using one of many apps like SerialMagic Professional, SerialMagic Keys, iScanBrowser, Cloud-In-Hand Mobile Grid, yACK BLE. iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS. Connect a serial RS232 device such as scales, calipers, sensors, & meters. Serial Device Manager (SDM) libraries are available to speed you app development. Make your own app work with BlueSnap M6A and other devices from serialio.com.
See list of many RS-232 serial scales that customers use BlueSnap DB9-M6A to connect with.
- Download Product Data Sheet
- Available with an internal, rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery.
- Supported on Android 4.4+, iPhone 4S+, iPad 3+, all iPad Mini.
- Available instantly after power on (10 times faster than AirConsole)
- Connect instantly, less than 1 second
- Instantaneous reconnect (some hosts)
- Standard battery run time about 8 hours continuous, connected continuously, sending light data
- Setup parameters via wireless (using Android or iOS app)
- Two-way binary data communication from iOS, Android, and other hosts (BlueSnap compliant app needed)
- Connect many DB9 devices simultaneously to iPad/iPhone/Android
- DEX version available
- Programming API for 3rd party apps
- This 3rd party app supports all standard VT220 emulation features. iOS AppStore Links: 232 app and 232 app lite
- Supports baud rates of 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230400 (other speeds available for custom builds)
- Powered/Charged by 5V supply (12V version available)
- Enable wireless magnetic badge swipe reader on iOS, Android, Win10
- Optional NFC tag for product marking instant wireless connection via NFC tag read from built-in NFC reader in mobile phone/device.
- Wireless keyboard firmware option (BLE+HID) provides mode to connect to OS, Android, Windows 10, MacOS/OS X as Bluetooth keyboard.
- Power with 5V DC regulated input voltage
- Power/charge via DB9 pin 9 or power cable
- Variant supports 5V to 12V DC regulated input voltage
- Operating current 20mA at 5V
- Battery model 220mA when charging at 5V
Host Mode (BLE Central)
BlueSnap M6A can be ordered with 'Host Mode' (aka BLE Central) firmware, allowing it to be connected with BlueSnap M6A (BLE Peripheral firmware) device to create a wireless cable.
Following video shows the BlueSnap M6A with optional HID firmware supporting the BlueSnap working as wireless keyboard for RS-232 data. Note BlueSnap can also connect in BLE mode to MacOS using SerialMagic Scripts.
For SPP (Serial Port Profile) dongle the BlueSnap classic is required.