WiSnap Embedded RS-232 Serial Module 174 (PCB Antenna)
The WiSnap Embedded RS-232 Serial Module 174 development board is a field ready, Wi-Fi Alliance certified 802.11 b/g prototyping platform. The board has the flexibility to connect directly to a standard RS232 interface or through the TTL UART 3.3V interface to embedded processors. The WiSnap-M2 contains a battery boost circuit which makes it possible to power the board using two AA batteries (input voltage can go down to down to 2.0V DC when using the battery boost circuit). This makes the WiSnap-M2 perfect for battery-powered applications such as sensors, asset tracking, etc. The status LEDs and jumpers enable rapid prototyping and integrating into existing systems.
The WiSnap Embedded RS-232 Serial Module 174 is built upon the WiSnap EZX SMD 171 module.
The WiSnap EZX module incorporates a 2.4GHz radio, processor, full TCP/IP stack, real-time clock, FTP, DHCP, DNS, and HTML client to connect to a web server.
The WiSnap-171 is the smallest, lowest power 802.11 b/g module available. The module supports ad-hoc and enterprise networking modes.
In the simplest configuration, the hardware only requires four connections (PWR, TX, RX, GND). In cases where power is available on the RS232 DB9 connector of your application, the WiSnap-174 can be directly wired to create an instant serial to WiFi network link.
- Industrial grade - operating temperature range -40C to +70C
- External Power is required. Power (4-16 VDC) can be provided via pin 9 of DB connector, or connect power to PCB with 9V battery clip or other sources
- Setup to your network is a snap using the FREE WiSnap Setup app for iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch
- To easily connect to a DB9 RS-232 serial port, please purchase the DB9 Ribbon Cable
- Power the WiSnap module directly using this USB-Serial adapter and Null-Modem adapter